Google

Wednesday, April 23, 2008


This morning I signed up for FriendFeeder and have been pretty busy adding my user ids to the list. FriendFeeder is definitely going to make my life so much easier and much more organized. FriendFeed makes it easy for me to keep up-to-date on the web pages, photos, videos and music that my friends and family are sharing.

FriendFeed will automatically import all the shared stuff from sites across the web, so if my friend favorites a video on YouTube, I will get a link and a thumbnail of the video in my feed. And if my friend likes a news story on Digg, I will get a link in my feed. I can even get updated when my friends post something new on blogger.

FriendFeed currently supports the following websites,

* Amazon.com
* Blog
* del.icio.us
* Digg
* Disqus
* Flickr
* Furl
* Gmail/Google Talk
* Goodreads
* Google Reader
* Google Shared Stuff
* iLike
* Jaiku
* Last.fm
* LibraryThing
* LinkedIn
* Ma.gnolia
* Mixx
* Netflix
* Netvibes
* Pandora
* Picasa Web Albums
* Pownce
* Reddit
* Seesmic
* SlideShare
* SmugMug
* StumbleUpon
* Tumblr
* Twitter
* Upcoming
* Vimeo
* Yelp
* YouTube
* Zooomr

Plus, You can connect your Facebook account to your FriendFeed account by adding the FriendFeed Facebook application. Another great way to keep connected and updated on the latest test happenings.

I spent the better part of this morning being reminded of the places (LOL) where I was a registered member and updating my profiles. I had absolutely no reconciliation of joining some of the places listed above. Thank goodness, I was an avid paid to reader before I got into social networking because it taught me the valuable lesson of keeping the same user id and passwords for everything. All I had to do was enter my user id "trouble4u2avoid" and "WOW, was I surprised to see I was already a registered member!"

It's highly unlikely all of your friends will be interested in FriendFeeder but what's cool is you can keep track of your friends that don't use FriendFeed by creating "imaginary friends." For example, if you know your friend's DIGG username, you can create an imaginary friend with that DIGG account, and you will get notified every time your friend DIGGS.

I think I am really going to enjoy being a member of FriendFeeder, all I need to do now is update all my memberships and get all my friends involved. I really don't want to have a bunch of imaginary friends, (LOL)but at least it's an option. (smile)

0 comments: