Google

Friday, January 18, 2008

Are You Using a Myspace tracker?

I'm curious to know because I have always used Myspace as a personal connection to friends and family but now I want to start marketing some of my business interests there. If I did decide to go this route on Myspace, I would definitely want to know who's visiting my profile. For whatever reason, Myspace doesn't inform me of who's been visiting my profile. Strange because so many other networks do let me know who visited my profile.

Instead, I will have to rely on the services of a myspace tracker which I'm not too familiar with. I do know there are quite a few Myspace trackers available online with different options. Now, I need to decide which one would be best for me and if it actually works.

There's the invisible myspace tracker which wouldn't allow my visitors to be aware they were being tracked or I can display an image or a map letting my visitors know I was using one.

Since I would need to install a script on my profile, I think it's important for me to know the reputation of the myspace tracker. I certainly don't want to install anything that stores or tracks information that it shouldn't be. What I would like to find is a myspace tracker that works.

So if you are currently using a myspace tracker please tell me what you know. I would like to make a well informed decision before installing one on my profile. You can leave me a comment here or submit a review of your current myspace tracker. Thanks a bunch!

2 comments:

Cromely said...

Check out the MySpace support forums,; there is some discussion there.

Unfortunately, MySpace considers any form of tracker to be a TOS violation and they have canceled accounts because of them. It had to do with protecting the privacy of their users.

Granted I haven't looked into it for a couple months, and things may have changed, but proceed with caution.

Anonymous said...

"Unfortunately, MySpace considers any form of tracker to be a TOS violation and they have canceled accounts because of them. It had to do with protecting the privacy of their users"

I tend to disagree. I have used MySpace trackers for 2 years, and never had my account deleted. In forums I have only heard of people having their accounts deleted because of cookie hijacking (hacking, illegal) myspace trackers such as www.profiletracker.us/.

However, trackers that don't disclose IP, give users privacy options and display integrity, generally aren't banned. Examples would be Trakzor.com and theSpaceTracker.com, who have both been around for almost 2 years and still to this day are functional and respected. I would know, I ran a MySpace tracker for almost 2 years until I sold it recently.