Google

Friday, November 9, 2007

Facebook is So Much More than I originally Thought

Yesterday I didn't really have the opportunity to do too much online. I did stop by Facebook and take a better look. It is considered the second largest social networking community online. Facebook has also been in the headlines quite a bit lately. Facebook has now released ads on their website. You can read the full story here.







I remember getting an invitation from a friend to join. I really didn't look around too much. To me it seemed kind of empty and I could not understand what all the fuss was about! Geesh, how could Facebook possibly be so popular? Well pardon me for being a newbie. LOL It seems in order for me to pimp up my profile I need to add some applications. Duh...sometimes being a newbie really bites.

Facebook currently has over 1700 applications to add to your face book profile. WOW. I am into genealogy so I was impressed with the family tree application. The tip jar is pretty neat too! It will take me awhile to browse through all the applications but I am sure there is something in there for everyone. I saw quite a few applications I plan on added to my Facebook page.

Would love to hear from some Facebook fans out there. Maybe you could even add me as a friend on Facebook since I only have one right now. Boohoo to me. Any tips or suggestions would also be appreciated.

0 comments: