Google

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Social Networks for Cat Owners


My kids really really love cats. I just like them. I guess if my girls would take care of their cats and not expect me to do all the dirty work, I would love them too! It just seems to be the issue in my house. Cats aren't the only pets in our home. We have a dog, 4 cats, 2 lovebirds, 1 finch, 1 turtle, 1 aquarium full of fish, and 5 hamsters in their individual cages. Oh yeah, and we have a rabbit too!

I'm complaining but in actuality, I love all my pets. I just wish my kids would help out a little more with the basic care. They do give all our pets plenty of love but they don't like cleaning up after them. They save that part for me! Aren't they special?

Here's a list of some cool places to hang out online and share your kitty tales! There's a few social networks, forums and dating sites for cat lovers and owners. It's just a short list and I am pretty certain there are way more than I am including here. If you know of a cat haven online, be sure to leave a comment and the link to the cat place!

My Cat Space

United Cats

Fuzzster

Persian Cats

Cat Hobbyist

Catster

Pif Tails

Kitty Cat

Feline Fanatics

We Love Kittens

Cat Club

My Cat Space

cat-E-corner

Cat Channel

Meowmail

Kitty Happy

PURRsonals

Cats.com

Cat Lovers Network

Single Cat Lovers

Cat Lovers Dating

Cat Lovers Only

Cat Forum

The Cat Site

Cat KB

I Love Cats Forums

The Daily Kitten

Chat About Cats

Twitchin' Kitten

Feline Express

Cute Little Kittens

Cat Blogosphere





So to all you cat lovers out there looking for a place online to hang out and make new friends. Of course there are also places online for all kinds of pet owners to congregate and share their pets and pet stories. If you want to network in a community for all kinds of pet owners and not just cat owners, you can find a ton of pet communities online, perhaps a new project for me another day, but not today.

Graphics by Whisper and Guapo

7 comments:

capybara said...

You certainly have a Menagerie in your house. my wife and I have 3 cats all rescued from the Cat Protection League here in the UK. The trouble with children is they are keen to get pets and then when the novelty wears off so does the looking after them aspect.Thanks for all the cat networks its amazing how many there are!

Susan Parr said...

Hi capybara,

Yep, it's pretty much a zoo. My oldest daughter works at a pet store and she calls letting the young ones know of pets people are trying to get rid of. That's how we got our love birds, hamsters and the bunnies.

Samantha & Mom said...

Great List! You can Add The Cat Blogosphere. It's a really great site! Here is the Link!
http://www.blog.catblogosphere.com/
Your FL furiends,

Susan Parr said...

@Samantha and Mr. Tigger,
Thanks for your contribution, I am adding the link now.

The Florida Furkids said...

Samantha is right the CB is a great site too!! Lots of links on there to great cats. The Entrecat group is super too!! We have a list on our blog.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

george said...

Your house is fully animals. you enjoy with animals. What great! An animals work in home very great.

enjoy..........

===================

george

http://www.changeyourfuturetoday.net

The Fitness Diva said...

Well, DANG! Who knew there were so many networking sites for cats?
With my two, I should definitely be a part of them....
there's just never enough time to do all this networking justice, though....

Maybe I'll join just one and post some pics of my babies. They certainly are cute enough! ;)