Google

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Tweaking Plan for Revenue Sharing Social Networks Starting with Lazzeo

Over the last couple of months I have been using my social networking profile pages to promote my affiliate programs and my blogs. I have always viewed my profile page as an absolutely free and permanent piece of advertising space on the internet. It works well, I do manage to get some visitors to my blogs and people signing up in my affiliate programs. My problem is my earnings in the Google AdSense revenue sharing social networks have really diminished lately with the exception of one, Dada. What's interesting about Dada is even with out logging in on a daily basis, I still earn daily with Google AdSense. Guaranteed, the Dada social network has a lot of members but it also has a lot of content. My Dada profile made me realize I was ignoring the earning potential on my other Google AdSense revenue sharing programs. Here's a few profiles of some of my friends in the Lazzeo business social networking community. If you can spare a minute, please visit their profiles. Please pay close attention to the Google ads and the content appearing on their profile page.

Rodinc

SpiralButterfly

LifeIsEasy

WiseWIlliam

lBerg (staff)

lsmelectric

CatAnna

teamsuccess


In most of the profiles above, you will notice the majority of Google ads appearing are basically all the same. Most of ads appearing are for other social networks or dating services. What I found interesting is WiseWilliam's tag line appearing above his photo, it simply says "I'm Building A Website To Sell Nursing Scrubs, Medical Scrubs, Medical Uniforms, College Scrubs, NFL Scrubs,". Interesting because this one tag line changed his google ads into something other than social networking and dating sites. CatAnna has done something very interesting with her profile. Not only has she added some content to the various sections on her profile page, but she also added some links within her content sending people to her other websites. What I am sure you noticed is the huge amount of banners present on most of these profiles and very limited content, just like mine was and still is kind of.


My Tweaking Plan


Step 1 - Create a new tag line. The tag line should represent you or your interests. Choosing the right words can have a definite effect on the ads appearing on your profile page. Experiment and find the best tag line for.
My status -Already completed but I may change it.

Step 2 - Eliminate a large portion of the banners currently appearing on most of the sections of my profile page and replace it with a few paragraphs. Make it a point to add some referral links within the content.
My status- Almost completed, still have a few more sections to change. I'm really not sure if I am going to eliminate all my banners. I will definitely be experimenting and see what happens.

Step 3 - Sign up to AdBrite, set up an ad to run on my profile page.
There are currently four spots to embed your sponsored ads. However, according to Google's TOS (terms of service) you can only run 3 Google ads on any website. Some other options you have for the fourth ad spot would be any banner from an affiliate program, a google referral ad, or an ad from another network. I decided to use AdBrite in my fourth ad space. I also chose the full page ad option.
My status- completed this step.

Step 4 - Post a bulletin or a blog at least once a week.
My status - have not completed.

Step 5 - Make it a point to visit a least 10 profiles a day and leave a comment. This shouldn't require too much time.
My status - haven't left any comments on St. Patrick's Day but I will be dropping comments all this week to get some Lazzeo volunteers to help with this experiment and get some feed back.

Step 6 - Create a Lazzeo Tweak Group - the purpose is to involve other members, ask them to participate and share their ideas and opinions as well as their personal results.

Lazzeo Community - Where the users EARN! Get Involved!



This plan is only a theory at this point in time. There is absolutely no guarantee my earnings will increase by implementing the steps I listed above. I am basing my hopes of earning more on the simple fact that everything I have read states "content is king". If that's the case, then increasing the amount of content on my website instead of the number of banners, my chances of getting better quality ads should increase too or not!

This is phase one, getting my idea out there and putting the wheels in motion. Now, I'm off to finish tweaking my profile page at Lazzeo, create my group and find myself some volunteers.

4 comments:

ArahMan7 said...

Hola Susan. Dada sound interesting. Thanks for posting about it. I'm gonna join it soon, but I prefer to use your link. Hoping you can earn some points if I join using your link.

See you around.

Greetings and lots of love from Malaysia.

marS said...

Hi, came here from lazzeo, just a few things:
dada stinks completely! On a dada account I have almost hundred $ in one month, but I haven't put any content yet.
Also, I setup adsense channel for dada and after a month, at Google I don't see any earnings nor clicks from dada.net
But in my account at Dada.net I have more than 95$. Ridiculous!

Francine said...

Neeto, I am looking foward to trying some of theese things. They are new sites to me. I never thought to monetize such pages. I was just using them for more traffic.

Susan Parr said...

Hi Arahman7, Dada is by invitation, if you need one just request an invitation by emailing me at trouble4u2avoid@dada.net.

Hi Mars....I had issues using an adsense channel at dada because your google adsense publisher's id shows up in random places on dada. You aren't personally putting the code on dada, so a channel isn't going to help you anyways. Instead you need to set up dada using the url to track instead. The second thing about your balance on dada is it actually reflects all your adsense earnings from everywhere you are earning and not just for dada. Hope that helps you some.

Hi Asuka,
I didn't catch on too quick with the monetizing my profile page either, but then I starting reading so much about Google and content and realized if I wanted to increase my earnings I needed to create some content too! I wasn't getting many clicks on Lazzeo and the few I was getting were a few pennies a piece. Last week I did get a $1.37 click on Lazzeo. Hopefully, it's the start of a good thing.