Google

Friday, January 4, 2008

Spreading the Spark


I know a lot of people have included "losing weight" on their list of New Year's resolutions. Me too! Kind of! I'm not inspired and pretty much the procrastinator. I have been planning on losing about 20 pounds for the last 3 years!

Anyways, I joined a new kind of social network for people looking to lose weight, eat healthier and build friendships. I have spent the better part of the day browsing the website and trying to motivate myself to get busy and lose the weight.

I know there's a lot of weight loss communities out there but what I like about SparkPeople is their free membership and lots of perks.
Today I officially took the first step to dropping pounds and printed out my official promise and taped it to the refrigerator.



24-hour access to SparkPeople is now available to you FREE of charge!

I'm impressed with the free membership. Pretty nifty!

Personalized diet and exercise plan
Daily meal plans, recipes and shopping lists
Calorie and nutrition tracker
Animated exercise demonstrations
Answers and advice from Registered
Dietitians and Certified Personal Trainers
Support, motivation and accountability from an active online community
Hundreds of articles, tools and resources to educate and inspire
healthy living
Weekly motivation and tips from “The
Weekly Spark” eMagazineComplete


Want to lose weight? Get fit? Have more energy?

SparkPeople.com: Get a Free Online Diet



I'm off to read some more healthy tips! I guess I should check and see what the points are all about too! It's normally one of the first things I read about when I join a community. Oh well, this social network is more about my health than my wealth!

0 comments: