Google

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I Love Social Networking but

For the past couple of weeks I have been reading quite a few blogs about website promotion. I have learned some valuable tips about increasing website traffic, linking to other sites and how to rank high on Google.

I'm such a huge fan of social networking. It's how I do the majority of my website promotion. As much fun as I have social networking, I know it's not in my best interest to ignore other options available to promote my website either.

I have considered search engine marketing. It seems like a good advertising option for me to consider but I'm not really sure what the right keywords would be for my website. I know there are all kinds of tools and gadgets for keyword selection and analysis but even so I'm not sure it's how I want to spend my time online.

The whole "links" topic gives me a complete headache. Links to my site are good but they have to be high quality links. The links should be compatible with my site and should have a decent PR level. I can swap links but then I would have to check up on the links. I know it can't be too complicated but nonetheless I'm not interested in doing all the legwork.

One of the things I do want to invest a little time and money into is an Email List Management Service. I know it's important for me to have a list and manage it well. It's something I definitely want to make happen real soon.

The biggest question for me at this point is whether or not I want to invest the time and energy into promoting my website entirely by myself or if I want to obtain the services from a reputable company. I think it's time for me to stop procrastinating and make the decision.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest spending your time and energy with list management. I think it will be more profitable for you in the long run.

Anonymous said...

So have you decided? Would be interested to see how it goes. Do keep us updated ...