Google

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Recent Article in the New York Post About Google Caught My Eye

In the past week or two I have seen a lot of different articles mentioning the release of Google's new Open Social. I really didn't grasp the whole concept of what Open Social was until reading the following article in the New York Post.

It looks very promising to me since I am a member of a ton of social networking. It could make my social networking nightmare a dream come true. The following excerpt from the New York Post article is what sparked my interest.

Its initiative, which it calls OpenSocial, is an appeal to software developers and Web sites to cooperate in adopting a single set of software standards for the little software widgets that can add a social-networking layer to all Web sites. Agreement on a standard would save users from the aggravation of joining multiple networks and save developers from the aggravation of writing code that works only with specific sites.

I will be spending the rest of the evening seeing what else I can learn about Open Social. In the meantime, you can read the rest of the article by clicking here.

0 comments: