Google

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Social Networks for Anime, Manga and Cosplay Fans

My kids are excited because they will be attending the Megacon convention this weekend in Orlando, Florida. Because they love anime, manga and cosplay so much, I have been exposed to my fair share of anime. I used to record the episodes of Pokemon, Sailor Moon and DragonBallZ for them while they were at school. I remember taking them to see Pokemon in the movie theaters and all the Pokemon card tournaments. But now, they are older and I'm less hip about their world.

My oldest daughter is a huge cosplay fan. She has designed and made a lot of her own costumes for the conventions. I feel kind of bad because I'm not much of a seamstress and haven't been able to really help her but she does a really good job. She must get it from her grandmothers. Both of them are really great seamstresses.
Well, I can't seem to get my daughter interested in any other social network. She's all about MySpace. In her eyes, every other social network on the internet is unworthy of her presence. So I decided to try a different approach and taunt her with some anime, manga and cosplay social networks. Maybe, just maybe!

I didn't have much success locating very many social networks for cosplay fans. I did find a few though. Cosspace is one of the social networks I found for cosplay fans. It's very similar to any other social network. Members can create their own profile, upload photos and videos, blog, rate photos, take polls and quizzes, list events, post classifieds, and browse other member's profile. The major difference in Cossplay is the members are all into cosplay.

My youngest son is a Naruto fan, he was very happy when I sent him a link for Naruto Buzz. It's a social network for Naruto fans. On a different note, he will have the opportunity to get his picture taken with Naruto at the Megacon convention this year. There's a special deal being offered on Narutofest.com. for anyone attending the convention. I'm not sure if my son wants his picture taken or not. He's a little camera shy.
My oldest son enjoyed the link I sent him for the Warcraft Social Network. He's more to playing WOW, then all the anime he used to be. He hasn't really given me his opinion yet but he did sign up and has made some friends there. My other teenage daughter is a manga fan. I haven't found a manga specific social network, other than one social network on Ning called Manga Shakesphere. I will have to dig a little deeper to find a manga network for her.

I have been tinkering around with Hubpages lately because it's another revenue sharing network. Besides meeting other hubbers, it's a little bit easier for me to do my social networking lists and posts there. Plus, I can add some Amazon and ebay revenue blocks instead of trying to figure out how to add them to a post or crowd my sidebar space here.See what I mean? It's a work in progress, please feel free to share your favorite social network.

0 comments: